To be awarded a PhD in Climate Change and Human Habitat, candidates are required to pass all courses with a minimum of “B” Grade, being WASCAL standard, made up of the following:
- Compulsory (Core) courses of 31 credit units
- Elective courses of 9 credit units
- Seminar of 2 credit units
- PhD dissertation of 6 credit units.
- No candidate shall be permitted to defend his/her dissertation unless all course work requirements are satisfied.
- At least ONE paper from the dissertation MUST be published in a reputable journal before external examination can take place.
- The final corrected version of the PhD dissertation MUST be re-submitted within three (3) months (90 days) from the date of oral defense.
- The candidate who has satisfied these requirements (and others clearly stipulated in the PGS prospectus) and has passed an oral examination within the prescribed period of study shall have his/her work presented through Postgraduate School for Senate approval.